Want to work on projects that matter?
Looking for: AI/ML Engineers, Data Scientists and MLops experts.
Do what you love with people you respect - and you’ll never work a day in your life. That’s what working at Shapr is all about. You’ll be working with some of the best talent in applied AI on the planet, building smart products for interesting growth stage startups and enterprises.
Shapr is not just an AI agency, we are a tight community of talented people glued together by an ambition to learn, grow and build groundbreaking products. We are a global team working together with remote tools, but we fly everyone to our HQ in Dubai once a quarter for a day of connecting and having fun.
Shapr helps growth stage startups and enterprises in building AI based solutions and adding AI capabilities to existing ones. We understand the 9-5 life is not for everyone. At Shapr, you can choose to work part time (min 20h / week) or full time.
- The level ups: you’ll learn more in 1 year as a Shapr consultant than you would in 10 years working at an enterprise. Come as you are - leave as a rockstar.
- The glory: You will be building things you’ll be proud to showcase to your friends. Our target customers are venture backed growth stage startups and enterprises building cool technology products.
- No dress code. Work from home, a co-working place near you or from our offices in Dubai - you choose. IF you work outside Dubai, we’ll fly you over every quarter to meet the rest of the team.
- Be a part of a close-knit community of what we hope will one day be the world's top applied AI talent.
- Get a professional coach to work on your personal development (not mandatory but it’s something we recommend and provide for all Shapr experts).
- A springboard for building your own startup if you have ambitions of becoming the next Steve Jobs (in-house startups studio).
What you’ll do
You’ll work as a consultant, building AI based products or capabilities for our customers. We work in two models: team augmentation where you will work as part of our customer's in-house team, and dedicated AI teams, where you will work alongside other Shapr consultants to build products and AI capabilities for our customers.
What we looking for
- “Good people”. We don’t want to work with jerks, no matter how talented they are. We are looking for people who respect others, celebrate diversity and are generally just nice people to be around.
- Relevant work experience in applied AI preferably from practical data science tasks or building AI/ML capabilities to digital products. For example, you may have built recommendation engines, personalisation engines, features using computer vision, NLP or other AI capabilities. Or you may have implemented Machine Learning models and various analyses (Clustering, Recommender systems, Time series analysis, Regression, Classification, Exploratory analysis, etc.) in big data environment.
- You might have a degree in a quantitative discipline such as Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or related field like ML, OR you can be self educated and learned by doing.
- Excellent coding and problem-solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- You need to be fluent in English and it’s a perk if you happen to know Arabic as well
- Demonstrable track record of delivering on ambiguous projects with incomplete or messy data